1. Nothing is ever as easy as it looks on HGTV.
2. Press-on tiles are a beast to cut.
3. Don't try to put up sheetrock yourself, even if you're with someone who supposedly knows what they're doing. Just call a professional.
4. Move EVERYTHING out of the room when said professional sands the sheetrock and mud. Otherwise, a fine layer of dust will cover every.thing.
5. Rooms with white furniture were not meant to be living rooms for young children. My white furniture is no longer white.
6. Being without the internet makes me a little sad, but awfully productive.
7. Superman and I love Mad About You. We found a channel playing reruns 4 nights a week and we love laughing at Paul and Jamie. And seeing all the similarities to our own marriage.
8. Superman likes my hair voluminous and curly/wavy more than straight. (I hypothesize that it's because it looks more like Jamie Buchman's.)
9. Miss Marvel can CLIMB. Like, I'm contemplating changing her blog name to Spidergirl because she pulls herself up onto everything now. Chairs, table, book shelves......she pulls with her little arms and lifts her feet as high as she can. My Sunday School students were marveling at how she was pulling herself onto the table in our classroom the other day.
10. Legos will never ever go out of style. My boys love them as much as I did as a kid. Also, we need a lego table.
11. Family rooms are AWESOME. I didn't realize how much we used ours until it was gone. It is SOOO good to have it back.
12. I missed blogging. I've got a lot to catch up on.