It's not you, it's me.
I just need some time for myself.
I need to figure some things out, and I'll let you know.
I'm just not fully vested in this relationship right now.
What I'm trying to say is.........
Blogging just isn't enough for me anymore.
But it's honestly not you. It's me. Or the weather. I don't know.
You may or may not have noticed I haven't been around as much. My posts have been less frequent, and definately half-hearted. I haven't commented as much either.
Here's what I can come with as excuses:
• My in-laws visited a few weeks ago, and I took a break. I haven' really been full-throttle since then.
• Spring has finally arrived. Last week we had gorgeous weather. I actually got a sunburn last week.
• I bought flowers to plant, but wouldn't let myself do it till I mowed our lawn. Our lawn was covered with thousands of dandelions, which I decided I needed to pull before mowing.
• I seriously spent 12 hours last week just pulling those flippin' dandelions. Then I finally broke down and bought some spray (that didn't work) and then mowed. I planted my flowers yesterday.
• I've also been reading quite a bit. I the rest of Annette's books and loved them. One in particular, House on the Hill, was beyond fantastic. The heroine is not perfect. In fact, at the beginning of the book, she's ungrateful and a little petulant. Her gaining a testimony is an integral part of the story, which I loved. I'd say that one is definately my favorite of all her books.
• A few weeks ago, I won a code for a free Shutterfly book from Angie. It expires on Thursday, so I've been working on that. It's fun, and I'm really excited about having a hardbound book with pictures of our family.
• A dear friend is moving this week. I've watched her kids a few times, and went to a going-away party for their family.
• I've been on this weird industrious kick. I worked really hard on the lawn last week, and worked really hard on my house. Stayed on top of the dishes and making the beds and keeping things tidy. I did FIVE loads of laundry yesterday. No, I'm not nesting. I'm definately not pregnant. I guess I just......have more energy with the sunshine out. Maybe I'm solar-powered. That'd be awesome.
• Then of course there's the usuall stuff with callings. Enrichment committee meetings, scout meetings, and activities for both. Busy as ever with those and organ/choir.
• Oh, and I went kayacking last Monday for the first time. I could write it all now, but it's kind of a funny story I'll save for when I come back. -->Did you catch that? I'm coming back. I promise.
So basically................I haven't felt a real need to blog lately. I've still been reading your blogs every day or two, but not commenting as much. (Sorry.) I'm sure I'll be back in full swing soon, and I'll probably keeping doing quick and easy posts, but I'm not making any promises as to when that will happen.
I know I'm not the only one to experience this. Have you ever had blog-burnout, or just wanted to take a break? How long was it before you really came back? And most importantly, are you all going to leave me if I'm not as committed for another week or two?! (How do you make the "u" with the dots over it that looks like a smiley face? That's what I want to do right here. 'Cuz I'm teasing. Mostly.)